We are Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey & Pennsylvania Premises Personal Injury, Slip and Fall, Trip and Fall, and Fall-Down Accident Lawyers. Schwartz & Schwartz represents citizens who were catastrophically injured in premises liability personal injury cases. What is a premises liability personal injury case? A premises case is any injury case that occurs due to a defective condition on someone else’s property. Most often, premises cases are fall-type injury cases. Sometimes, they involve other mechanisms of injury.
Here are some examples of premises cases we have successfully handled:
- Our client shattered her tibia and fibula (bones of the lower leg) when the bottom step of an exterior stairway turned under her foot and caused her to fall.
- A jury awarded our client hundreds of thousands of dollars for his broken arm after he slipped and fell on ice in a local parking lot.
- Our client shattered her orbital bone (the skull bone that holds the eye in place) when she fell down an exterior stairway due to uneven riser heights.
- Our client broke his hip when he fell from an improperly installed handicapped access ramp.
- Another client broke her tibia and fibula when the wooden box her landlord placed as a step in her apartment tipped and pitched her to the ground.
- A client fractured her tailbone and suffered herniated discs when she slipped on loose, granular material that was permitted to remain on the front steps of a restaurant.
Premises liability cases are often referred to as slip-and-fall cases, trip-and-fall cases, and fall-down cases.
Statute of limitations
Delaware law contains a two-year statute of limitations for premises personal injury cases. A statute of limitations is a law that limits the time in which you may file a lawsuit. If you were injured in a premises personal injury accident, you need to seek legal help immediately to protect your rights.
Schwartz & Schwartz represents people injured in premises liability, slip, and fall, trip and fall, fall-down cases. If you would like to speak to us about such an injury occurring and any of the following areas, please call us today: